- This event has passed.
Rx 4 Math II | ONLINE!
January 19, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - January 23, 2021 @ 5:00 pm EST
This lecture and laboratory workshop is designed to train classroom teachers, educational therapists and homeschool parents to provide mathematical intervention for students in Grades 6-8. Rx 4 Math II student sessions are either one-on-one or in small group settings for 45 minutes, twice a week.
This workshop will enable the educator to facilitate deeper mathematical thinking for students by understanding how to strengthen students’ conceptual understanding, computational fluency, and mathematical reasoning skills by developing self-regulation and cognitive functions through a safe mathematical community where productive disposition, self-efficacy, a sense of belonging and mathematical exploration is encouraged.
Upon completion of this course, the educator participant will:
- Acquire an understanding of rational numbers and mathematical fluency
- Discover the cognitive processes necessary for thinking mathematically
- Demonstrate an ability to work with groups of 4-6 students in the teaching of basic mathematical problem-solving skills focusing on rational numbers and computational fluency
- Apply the theory of mediated learning while teaching students SRL in mathematics with an emphasis on rational numbers and deepening students’ conceptual understanding of fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Assess students’ level of self-regulation and determine teaching practices that support students’ SRL development
- Design a plan for group implementation that would meet the learning needs of a specific groups of students
Dates & Times
Attendance at all three sessions is required.
- Tuesday, January 19, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 20, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 23, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
This course will be offered entirely online, through a platform called Zoom. Here are some important details for it being online:
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer (PC or MAC) with camera, audio and microphone capability as well as a reliable internet connection.
- You will need to have a volunteer (adult or student) available with you for part of Saturday in order to practice and demonstrate the technique.
Regular Rate: $675.00 (Save $75, register by January 4! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
NILD Registered Therapist Rate: $625.00 (Save $75, register by January 4! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
Due to Covid-19, The Learning House is experiencing unprecedented delivery delays. To avoid disappointment and to guarantee delivery of your materials before the workshop, please order up to 3 weeks in advance.
January 12, 2020