- This event has passed.
Rx Week: The 3 R’s Summer Blast ONLINE
August 16, 2021 - August 21, 2021
Do you know students who do not have a diagnosis or a psycho-educational assessment, but do require some explicit support in reading, writing or math?
Our Rx Workshops are designed to train educators to provide intervention in an individual or small group setting to students whose basic reading, writing or math skills are below expected standards.
Each workshop targets specific areas using NILD’s methods of mediation, Socratic questioning and dialogue to strengthen students’ cognitive functions and thinking skills.
Dates & Times
August 16 – 21, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Rx for Writing (Monday & Tuesday)
- Rx 4 Math (Wednesday & Thursday)
- Rx for Reading (Friday & Saturday)
This course will be offered entirely online, through a platform called Zoom. Here are some important details for it being online:
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer (PC or MAC) with camera, audio and microphone capability as well as a reliable internet connection.
- You will need to have a volunteer (adult or student) available with you for part of Saturday in order to practice and demonstrate the technique.
Due to Covid-19, The Learning House is experiencing unprecedented delivery delays. To avoid disappointment and to guarantee delivery of your materials before the workshop, please order up to 3 weeks in advance.
July 30, 2021