Rx 4 Math II
April 23 @ 8:30 AM - April 24 @ 5:00 PM
This lecture and laboratory workshop is designed to train classroom teachers, educational therapists and homeschool parents to provide mathematical intervention for students in Grades 6-8. Rx 4 Math II student sessions are either one-on-one or in small group settings for 45 minutes, twice a week.
This workshop will enable the educator to facilitate deeper mathematical thinking for students by understanding how to strengthen students’ conceptual understanding, computational fluency, and mathematical reasoning skills by developing self-regulation and cognitive functions through a safe mathematical community where productive disposition, self-efficacy, a sense of belonging and mathematical exploration is encouraged.
Upon completion of this course, the educator participant will:
- Acquire an understanding of rational numbers and mathematical fluency
- Discover the cognitive processes necessary for thinking mathematically
- Demonstrate an ability to work with groups of 4-6 students in the teaching of basic mathematical problem-solving skills focusing on rational numbers and computational fluency
- Apply the theory of mediated learning while teaching students SRL in mathematics with an emphasis on rational numbers and deepening students’ conceptual understanding of fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Assess students’ level of self-regulation and determine teaching practices that support students’ SRL development
- Design a plan for group implementation that would meet the learning needs of a specific groups of students
Dates & Times:
April 23 – 24, 2020
8:30 am – 5:00 pm each day
$625.00 Regular Rate
Discounted rates available:
- Annual Conference Attendee Rate $550.00
- Registered Educational Therapist Rate $575.00
- Registered Educational Therapist Conference Attendee Rate $500.00
Save $100, register by March 26! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save $100! Discount code is applicable for all rates!
April 16, 2020