Rx for Reading | ONLINE
October 12 - October 16
This lecture and laboratory workshop is designed to train educators, resource teachers, and homeschool parents to provide reading intervention in a group setting. Rx for Reading takes the five essential components of reading – phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and reading comprehension , which we call “strands of language” into a language brain that is comprehensive, constructive, and creative.
This workshop systematically teaches participants the methodology to develop these components. The participant will learn to identify and assess student needs in basic reading and then utilize the group model Rx for Reading to effectively and efficiently develop decoding and encoding skills in their students.
Dates & Times
Attendance at all three sessions is required.
- Tuesday, October 12, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 13, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, October 16, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
This course will be offered entirely online, through a platform called Zoom. Here are some important details for it being online:
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer (PC or MAC) with camera, audio and microphone capability as well as a reliable internet connection.
- You will need to have a volunteer (adult or student) available with you for part of Saturday in order to practice and demonstrate the technique.
Regular Rate: $675.00 (Save $75, register by September 21! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
NILD Registered Therapist Rate: $625.00 (Save $75, register by September 21! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
Due to Covid-19, The Learning House is experiencing unprecedented delivery delays. To avoid disappointment and to guarantee delivery of your materials before the workshop, please order up to 3 weeks in advance.
October 5, 2021