- This event has passed.
Rx for Writing | ONLINE
November 30, 2021 - December 4, 2021
This lecture and laboratory workshop is designed to train teachers to provide written language intervention in a group setting. Rx for Writing is specifically intended for students in grades 4-12 whose basic written expression skills are below expected standards.
Rx for Writing builds and strengthens grammar and writing mechanics, semantics, syntax, and composition writing skills with an emphasis on the writing process. Language and higher-level thinking skills are developed and supported in this interactive, small-group intervention that covers research-based writing content while mediation, Socratic questioning, and the strengthening of cognitive functions will serve as the core methodology.
This course systematically teaches participants the methodology to develop these components. In this dynamic intervention, students’ written expression skills will be honed while their thinking and language skills will be strengthened, all within an atmosphere where writing skills are explicitly taught so anxiety and reluctance to write are reduced and thinking is maximized.
Dates & Times
Attendance at all three sessions is required.
- Tuesday, November 30, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 1, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, December 4, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
This course will be offered entirely online, through a platform called Zoom. Here are some important details for it being online:
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer (PC or MAC) with camera, audio and microphone capability as well as a reliable internet connection.
- You will need to have a volunteer (adult or student) available with you for part of Saturday in order to practice and demonstrate the technique.
Regular Rate: $675.00 (Save $75, register by November 9! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
NILD Registered Therapist Rate: $625.00 (Save $75, register by November 9! Use code “earlybird” at checkout to save!)
November 23, 2021